Saturday, January 22, 2011

Skincare and Makeup Questions !!!

Hey,
I found this online and i thought id post it up here.. Feel free to post your answers in the comment section below, would love to see your answers xx


Until next time,
Much love xx


SKINCARE -How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I wash it in the morning to get rid of all the oils that have produced during the night and I scrub it at night to remove every last bit of make up.

What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have combination skin. I have an oily T-zone but have some dryness in random spots too.

What is your current facial wash?
At the moment im using Nivea Visage Cleansing Deeply Purifying gel facewash. I love it because I love the tiny exfoliating beads in there. It makes my face feel as though it gets a really good wash and every bit of makeup comes off.
 
Do you exfoliate?
I exfoliate once a week !

What brand do you use?
I just bought the new formula of the St. Ives Apricot exfoliating scrub and so far I love it.

What moisturizer do you use?

I use Clinique youth surge with spf15 on my face so I don’t need to apply a sunscreen aswell. And atm im using two body butters so I can use them up because I have a bad habit of buying skincare products and never finishing them. One is a Chi Chi body soufflé in peach and mango sorbet and it smells like heaven ! And the other one is a Palmers Coconut Milk body butter and its super moisturizing, it smells very beachy like coconut tanning lotion.

Do you have freckles?
Nope no freckles.

Do you use eye cream?
I just finished a sample size of the new loreal youth code eye cream, and I wanna pick up a full size jar. But before that I used the clinique all about eyes cream which I thought was a bit harsh for me. I figure an eye cream isn’t the most important thing I need in my skincare but I figure id use it for the prevention side of things.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Nope.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No but Ive always wanted to try it, I have a theory that it will get rid of those tiny under the skin bumps that I sometimes see on my face.

MAKE-UP
What foundation do you use?
For everyday use I use my Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation in nude which I like especially cause its spf18 and set it with Napoelon Set Powder foundation in look 3.
For a heavier coverage I use Revlon Photo Ready foundation in nude and set it with MAC studiofix powder in nc25.
For night use I usually use Napoleons China Doll in look 3 and set it with MAC translucent powder.
This is what ive been using for the past few weeks, I usually change it all around depending on how im feeling. All foundation must be matte though, I feel as though dewy foundation just makes me look oily.

How about concealer?
I cannot live without concealer, im not too picky with which brand I use but I always reach for my mac concealers or my coastal scents palette.

Do you know your undertone color?
Yes my undertone colour is a netural pink.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I wear false lashes all the time. I just love the look of them !

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes and I find it so hard to keep up with it so ive started taking down dates, the last thing you want is bacteria brewing in your eye.

What brand of mascara do you use?
The ultimate mascara is Max Factor False Lash Effect.

Sephora or MAC?
We don’t have a Sephora in Australia so im going to go with MAC, love their products.

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No but im trying to get my hands on one.

What makeup tools do you use in make up application? Mostly brushes and fingers

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes.

For the face?
Yes.

What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Probably neutral tones, more along the gold and bronze and rust colours.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use liquid on my lid all the time, gel on my water line. I only use pencil if im in an ‘im not bothered’ mood.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never lol.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I don’t mind them, they are just so much harder and messier to use.

Do you use mineral makeup?
I try to use it by day.

What is your favorite lipstick?
Atm im loving blankety by MAC, it’s a little darker than a nude and for something more dramatic im loving the new Rimmel Colour show off range in kiss me and pink fame mixed together.

How about lipgloss?
My mum bought me a Bobbi Brown lipgloss compact in nude pink and baby glitter which I never really opened until the other week and I love their staying power.

What is your favorite blush to use?
Ive been using a napoleon blush which I got in a holiday collection two years ago which I just started using again but I cant tell you what colour it is cause it has no colour on it, but it’s a really pretty bright coral.

Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
Ive bought like two things, but nothing too extreme. But yes I do a lot of my shopping online.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes, there are some really good products out there.

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets) Ive been twice to an Estee Lauder one, very exciting I must admit.

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
When im in a rush I tend to get mascara all over my eyeshaddow.
Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Too much bronzer, foundation jaw lines.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I love both, but it depends on when and where and what.

Which celebrity always has great make up?
Kim Kardashian, love the smokey eye and heavy makeup look on her.

If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
Definitely foundation.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes but that’s when I put big sunglasses on.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?

Every range has their good and not too good products, but overall id go with MAC.

What do you think of Makeup??
Its an artwork and theres no secret to it, its just a passion.

5 comments:

  1. Love the quiz. Will definately keep an eye on this blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do any of this stuff. Sometimes i wash my face if i'm bothered. But your blog really inspires me to start a proper skin care routine. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've got quite similar answers to these questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usual wash my face twice a day, but not always. I'm working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this post! i just recently found out about the st. ives scrub but it did wonders on my face! i think i have an oilier face than you though so i use it every other day.. please do more of these kinds of post! do makeup tags, maybe? :)

    please enter me on your giveaway!
    snow0016 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete