Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Product Review: Toni&Guy Shampoo and Conditioner

Hey guys,

So its been a while since my last blog post but I wanted to do it on this new shampoo and conditioner I bought by Toni&Guy. I purchased the volume shampoo and conditioner and have used it for about three weeks now and im still undecided on how I feel about it. I have this thing about hair and body products having to smell nice but these kinda smell like chemicals in a way but the conditioner smells like a nicer chemical than the shampoo if that even makes sense !? Anywho, I have pretty long thick hair which reaches my lower back and I noticed I needed to use about 4-5 pumps of shampoo and still feel as though there isn’t enough product in my hair and it barely lathers up unless I use about 6 or 7 pumps so id probably recommend this shampoo to people with shorter hair because its almost like a waste of product if your hairs long, considering I only need a small amount of other shampoos such as pantene or herbal essences, etc. I found the same thing with the coniditoner, its like I can’t get enough product in there to make it feel all nice and silky.
Even though it feels like the shampoo and conditioner don’t really work while your in the shower, your hair does smell and look nice and clean by the time its towel dried and combed through, so I guess its maybe not a shampoo that’s meant to end in an extreme lather. But once the hairdryer starts going is when you actually see results. My hair starts to seem immediately thicker and volumous (if that’s even a word) ! A quick blowdry with a big round brush leaves my hair all nice and bouncy with extreme body at the roots with a bit of hairspray to hold it all in place.
So overall, I do actually like the Toni&Guy shampoo and conditioner because it’s a product that actually does what it says, but im not sure if I would repurchase them because of the $13.99 price tag attached to them, especially when I wash my hair everyday and they are already basically empty after using them for just under 3 weeks ! Ideally, id recommend these to someone with shorter length hair or someone with thinner hair than mine as you would be using less product.

I would love to know if you’ve tried them..

Until next time,

Suzie xxx

4 comments:

  1. If I want Tony & Guy products cheap, I just go to Aldi.

    I found your blog on Elle&Blair.com, and I would love it if you could follow my blog pubicly via GFC.

    JaciWalker.blogspot.com

    Also, don't forget to check out my giveaway!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni&Guy shampoo and conditioner are really good, but quite pricey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I'll buy this pair, too expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw.. i have long hair.. i love the recommendations (as to who would suit this best, etc.) maybe you can include overall summary, who would love to use this, what i like, etc. breakdown/sections on your reviews.. just a suggestion though.. ^^

    please enter me on your giveaway. :)
    snow0016 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete